Being a mother comes with ups and down, triumphs and disappointments, joy and tears. Being a mother to a daughter comes with another set of challenges. We’ve gathered some of the best advice for raising daughters and have come up with the Top 10 things you will want your daughter to know.
1. Scissors are used for cutting paper, not your hair. And never use scissors to cut your own bangs.
2. Make friends. Your girlfriends will lift you up and keep you sane on days when you think you’re going crazy. Friendships and memories will last a lifetime. Keep good friends forever.
3. Date the nerds. It might not seem cool now, but you’ll thank mom for this advice later. Nerds are cool.
4. Your worth does not come from the number on the scale. You are loved more than you will ever know and that number on the scale does not define you. There has never been, nor will there ever be, another you.
5. Be the best you. Get out and meet new people. Listen. Be kind. Share your spirit with those around you.
6. Call your mom. Mom will always be there. Don’t forget about her as you get older and begin your own life.
7. Never stop playing. You’ll grow up and get a job. You’ll probably get married and have your own family. You’ll become a grownup, but that doesn’t mean you need to stop playing. Enjoy every moment of life!
8. Learn to use jumper cables. And while you’re at it, learn to change a flat tire too.
9. If you ask a man, “What are you thinking?” he’ll likely reply “Nothing.” And when he does, he means it. Men are much more simple than most women believe them to be.
10. If you’re going through a hard time, your mother has probably been through it too. Ask for her advice. She got through it and so will you.
Little Fawn girls are strong, beautiful, and inspiring. We are so blessed to have good mothers, wives, sisters, and daughters to call our friends. What advice would you add to our list?